GR-513 - Power Requirements Telecommunications
Power Requirements in Telecommunications Plant
ABSTRACT: Over 170 New Requirements for Efficient and Effective Power!!
Issue 1 of GR-513 provided the industry's most complete generic requirements for power systems designed for network
telecommunications equipment in Central Offices (COs) and similar locations.
Issue 2 of GR-513, developed with the input of major service providers, updates and expands the criteria to consider
new and emerging technologies as well as new power architectures.
- Considers power needs for FTTx architectures - passive and active networks reaching deeply into the local loop and to the
- Covers homeland security expectations concerning the robustness of the telecom network
- Reviews appropriate best practices on backup power to sustain the network
- Covers deployment of routers/switch equipment in CO facilities that have high current and power demands
- Considers local and distributed powering options at the aisle and rack level as well as in the OPS nodes and customer premises
- Adds guidance covering legacy (TL1) and new (e.g., SNMP) communications protocols for system monitoring and control systems
- Provides guidance on the overall expansion to the OSP arena.
Issue 2 of GR-513, Power Requirements in Telecommunications Plant , replaces TR-TSY-000513.
Components of this product are:
Table of Contents:
View Table of Contents