1) the development of standards (specifications, guides, practices, test methods, classifications, or terminology) for homeland security applications that do not exist elsewhere, specifically focusing on protecting responders and the public in the following areas:
• Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosive (CBRNE) detection and response (e.g., equipment, use of equipment, and protocols during and after intentional and unintentional events)
• Preparing for and responding to natural disasters, accidents, and intentional events (e.g., training and concept of operations)
• Protecting and equipping public safety personnel and responders in homeland security operations or events, but may cross over to day-to-day operations (e.g., law enforcement personal protective equipment, such as body armor and gloves, and operational equipment used for protection of citizens and responders)
• Security and protection of buildings, critical infrastructure, borders, ports, and transportation systems (e.g., preparation for intentional and unintentional events, resiliency of infrastructure, and physical protection barriers)
2) the coordination and development of standards for homeland security applications with other ASTM committees (such as F23 and D13) or other standards developing organizations having similar or related scopes (such as NFPA and ANSI).
2.2 It is the intention of E54 to coordinate with other ASTM committees and standards developing organizations having similar or related scopes to ensure that E54 does not duplicate efforts of others and to ensure the development occurs within the proper organization.
2.3 Coordination with others will be the responsibility of the E54 Strategic Planning Subcommittee.
small unmanned aircraft systems, UAS, sUAS, GPS, optical flow, hold position, pose holding accuracy
Users of aerial drones weighing less than 25 kg (55 lbs) at takeoff, also known as small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) or remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPAS), need ways to measure whether a particular drone can perform specific missions in unstructured, complex, and often hazardous environments. These missions require various combinations of elemental capabilities. Each capability can be represented as a test method with an associated apparatus and procedure enabling repeatable and reproducible measures of performance with objective results. These test methods can be conducted individually or in operationally relevant sequences and combinations to evaluate drone capabilities and remote pilot proficiency. The results measure the reliability of the drone and remote pilot to perform essential mission tasks. A series of complementary test lanes enable users to evaluate a wide spectrum of intended missions.
The ASTM International Standards Committee on Homeland Security Applications (E54) specifies these standard tests to facilitate comparisons across different testing locations using drones of various sizes and capabilities within the designated weight class. These test methods are inexpensive, easy to fabricate, and simple to use so they can be replicated widely by organizations or individuals to measure their own drones and pilots. Resulting trial scores are comparable no matter where or when the testing occurs.
These standard tests support drone researchers, manufacturers, and other organizations in different ways. Researchers use these standard tests to understand mission requirements, encourage innovation, and demonstrate break-through capabilities. Manufacturers use these standard tests to evaluate design decisions, integrate emerging technologies, and harden systems. Various other organizations use these standard tests to guide purchasing, make deployment decisions, and measure remote pilot proficiency for credentialing. Examples include emergency response operations, critical infrastructure inspection, industrial and commercial applications, and even recreational pilots.
The title and scope are in draft form and are under development within this ASTM Committee.
Faw Truck 700mm UHP Graphite Electrode 600mm HP Graphite Electrode 450mm RP Graphite Electrode Hot Sale Galvanized Automotive Steel Galvanized Steel Automotive Steel Sheet RC Thrust Test Drone Motor Test Stand Drone Test Equipment UHMWPE Pipe Supplier Hospital Beds And Home Care Beds Supplier Hospital Bed Wooden hospital beds Box Stitching Machine hydroxypropyl methylcellulose wholesale